Monday, June 28, 2010

Finally the pictures!

Although it's been a few days since I've posted, I'm going to have to make this one pretty short. It has taken me forever to figure out how to post the pictures in the order I want and with the text directly under it...I now know it is super easy and I can't believe it took me as long as it did! Nevertheless, these are all the pictures I have taken since I've been here. I know pictures say more than I ever could so I hope you enjoy them! :) I will post again soon so the pictures will make more sense!

This is a picture of the entire San Jose group (there is a group from Heredia, which is very close to San Jose, and we meet up with them on the weekends for our trips) on our first day!

A view of the mountains from my afternoon bus stop.

A view of the traffic from my bus stop...I have to cross that scary street! But most of the time it's not that scary because traffic is always stopped!

Sort of a side view of the house, all of the houses are connected.

A front view of the house....Kayla and Maru are unlocking the first "front door". The gate on the right side is their garage and the door goes side to side instead of up and down. The gate on the left is more like a carport.

The next few are of my room. It is small but it is more than enough for the little time I spend in it. I have my little bed, a desk, and a huge closet! My window has a view of a school across the street...I can hear their class change bells in the morning.







On our first full day, our host dad brought us roses!



The kitchen is nice and open! We love to sit at the bar while Maru cooks dinner.

This is the more "formal" living room. It is the first thing you see when you walk in the door.

Right off of the "formal" living room is the kitchen table. I sit at the back left chair against the window and Kayla sits in the right chair. To the left is the kitchen and to the right is the family room.

This is the family room, the place where everyone gathers to watch tv or to get on the computer.

To the left in the picture of the "formal" living room are the stairs to go upstairs. Up there is my room, Kayla's room, Fernando's room (my little brother) and one of the daughter's room (also the mother of my little brother, Fernando). If you walk past the stairs you will go into Maru and Luis' bedroom...but I've never seen it.

Back to the family room picture.....on the left side of the picture is a door. That door leads you out to the terrace where you will see this. There are many flowers and trees that bear fruit.





Also outside are their two parrots. It was kind of dark outside so these pictures aren't the best...I will make some better ones. I am able to see them from my spot at the kitchen table.







The Family Name.

A sample of the fresh fruit we always have to eat!

Random pictures I took of the downtown area.

















The view from my classroom. I sit next to the window so I am easily distracted!



The SUPER small bathroom!

Real eucalyptus to help my asthma.

The rest of the pictures are from my trip to Tamarindo. I will explain more about it in a later post. But this picture, although really blurry, is of the mangrove trees. The dark color on the bottom of the trees is how high the water gets during high tide.





Wet and cold on our "awesome" mangrove tour!

Howler monkeys at the zip line place.

Butterfly I found on the bathroom floor...what else is there to do when you're using the bathroom?!

Before our zip line adventure....

....and after!

Dinner at a beach side restaurant is even better when you're serenaded by a mariachi band!

The beach at Tamarindo....it was much prettier earlier in the day. But like clockwork the rain and clouds come out about noon!







Random pictures of the hotel property.



Our last picture at the beach :(

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. I really enjoyed them. It looks like you are having a good time-I hope so. I hope you have plenty to eat because Grandmomma is worried that you are hungry:)Have a great day!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how we enjoyed the pictures and getting to see you!!!! Hope you enjoyed your beach trip... and it was great to see where you are living and all the surroundings....remember we love you and thinking of you...looking forward to hearing from you again.
    Love you, Gr Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great pictures!! You look wonderful. Can't wait for you to get back and hear everything!! Continue to keep us
    updated.
    Love you and have a great day!:)
    Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete