Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Second Half of the Day...

Well apparently a few people were a little concerned about my "bad" day so I thought I would write another entry on the rest of the day. Once I calmed down I went downstairs and drank more coffee and ate chips and salsa. Maru was cooking dinner and I like to sit on a stool at the bar and watch her. Well while Kayla and I were waiting on dinner, the youngest daughter (who is our age) came in with her friends and began to film something for their class. Not really sure what it was about but she was the daughter and the other two were the father and mother...but that's not important. While we were watching our "sister" went outside to wait on her cue to enter. Well she began to knock on the door and I assumed she was really locked out. I didn't want that to ruin the scene so I proceeded to get up and go unlock the door. Well about the time I got over there I realized that was for the dang movie! I busted out laughing but thank the Lord that I did not make it into the movie....in that scene :) Later they decided that they wanted Kayla and I in the movie. Our only job was to laugh....simple right? Well when the camera started rolling the random girl started talking and then we realized we didn't know when to laugh or much less what she was saying! So we bust out laughing because the girl finished talking and we just looked at each other and looked at her....not exactly what they had in mind! But we had a second take and it was absolutely perfecto :) We were so good that they asked us to do another scene! Haha so now we are going to be famous in her class for being her crazy gringa sisters! We had so many laughs during the movie and half of them were because we were supposed to be quiet...Maru couldn't hold it in either! In the last scene of their movie, the "dad" was outside talking on the phone. Well I began to think 'Hmm my underwear is on the line....I really hope that it doesn't make it in the movie!'. So Kayla and I are embarrassed once again because our underwear is not only on display for our host family but also for random kids that are our age! So to solve the problem Maru yells out 'Make sure you don't get the underwear in the shot!'. Not as discreet as I was expecting but I guess it got the job done!

For dinner we had chicken with onions y tomatoes, refried beans, black beans, rice, guacamole, and fried plantains. I liked 3/6...bet you can't guess which ones those are :) Maru had me try her guacamole but her "try" is not the same as mine. I would've put a teensy bit of guacamole on a chip...but not her! She loaded mine up with it-about an inch high! So I decided I'd just dive right in and put the WHOLE thing in my mouth....not a good idea! So with the beans I was a little more cautious...I had THREE black beans and a dime sized amount of refried beans. I definitely liked the refried ones more (much to my surprise!) but I did not go back for seconds! This was probably the most difficult meal for me to eat yet....there are things I really liked but I always feel obligated to eat everything and I am not a bean or avocado/guacamole person! But Maru knows I love sweets and bought chocolate covered marshmallows and told me to eat it all.....there were 15 marshmallows in the dang bag! But I guess she's figured out that I'd rather have sweets than anything else!

The grandson that lives in the house, Fernando, is 11 or 12 years old and kind of reminds me of Matthew. He is very tall and skinny. But this boy is super picky and only eats American fast food and chicken, rice, and fried plantains...who does that sound like? :) He has those mini finger skateboard things and I decided I'd give it a try. So Kayla and I got down on the floor and played finger boards with him. Well I am not the best at it but I can now do a flip! At some point the playing cards came out and he showed us a magic trick. He did a really good job! Then he asked us if we wanted to play War...well we assumed that it was the same game as the the one we play in the states. Well we thought wrong! It took us about 30 seconds to figure out that we had different games with the same name! But once we figured it out we had a blast! Hopefully we'll have a chance to play with him every night!

2 comments:

  1. You make my DAY!!! It is so wonderful to hear from you...I know some days will be harder than others but you can do it....know we are here thinking of you, praying for you, and loving you every minute. (do you have any chocolate)
    Keep up the good work.....Gr Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envying you. It sounds like you are having a ball and learning a lot also. I'm proud of you for trying so many new foods--can't believe you don't like guacamole--it is one of my favorite foods. Of course, you can tell by looking at me almost all foods are:)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete